Sunday 22 May 2011

Badal kids miss mom but happy

Badal kids miss mom but happy
Rajay Deep
Tribune News Service
Harsimrat Kaur Badal, candidate for Bathinda Lok Sabha seat, along with Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on her way to file her nomination papers at the deputy commissioner's office in the Mini-Secretariat, Bathinda Bathinda, April 13
“Though we belong to the ruling family of a state but neither do we expect nor we get any special treatment at school,” said Harleen Kaur, Gurleen Kaur and Anantbir Singh, children of Sukhbir Badal and Harsimrat Kaur, here today. Anantbir, who studies in class II, said, “I do not like studying but want to become either a wrestler or like my grandfather.”
“Now a days, our mother lives far away from us but we are happy that she is now contributing to social welfare,” said Harkirat Kaur, their eldest daughter. “We study at Vasant Valley School in Delhi. Now in the absence of mumma, Harkirat checks my note book, I check Anatbir’s copy but nobody checks Harkirat’s copy,” said Gurleen.
Joining the conversation, Harsimrat Kaur Badal said, “I have to stay away from my children but their maternal grandparents look after them in Delhi. No doubt my family life and business both are suffering but representing the family in politics is now a priority.”
She said she was not superstitious but was wearing stones in keeping with her mother’s wishes. On why she chose April 13 for filing nomination, considering the number was regarded as unlucky, she said, “The day being Baisakhi, will prove lucky for us. Moreover, Guru Nanak Dev Ji had also said tera hi tera.”
Speaking about her hobbies, Harsimrat said, “I like eating out, shopping, travelling and watching movies.” CM Parkash Singh Badal said, “I meet my grandchildren only when I go to Delhi or they come to Badal village. But I treat the whole state as my children.”
About Harsimrat, her mother-in-law Surinder Kaur Badal, who has filed her covering nomination, said, “She has taken up the responsibility. I will always stand by her.” Among others, Surinder Kaur, Parkash Kaur, Paramjeet Kaur, Baljeet Kaur and Rana, all aunts of Sukhbir and Jasmine Kaur, his sister-in-law, were also present on the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment